Fast-reacting synthetic tanning and crosslinking agents from ANGUS provide a range of key performance-enhancing benefits for producing high-quality, chrome-free finished leather. ANGUS’ versatile oxazolidine chemistries can be incorporated into many leather production processes, including pre-tanning, tanning, re-tanning and finishing, and can be used for collagen and casein, as well as vegetable tanning materials (condensed tannins). Our chemistries help improve processing and finished leather properties when used in combination with other tanning materials, including chromium sulfate, aluminum sulfate, vegetable extracts and phenolic syntans.
In addition, we offer carbodiimide-based crosslinking agents, which are ideal for carboxy-functional leather finishes. Carbodiimide crosslinking agents provide excellent blocking resistance and are ideal for use in high-quality leather goods, including automotive leathers, and can be used as an alternative to polyaziridine- and isocyanate-based chemistries, or in conjunction with other crosslinking agents, such as oligomeric isocyanates, to optimize cost and performance.
- Improved chrome uptake and cleaner effluents
- Easy-to-handle, environmentally biodegradable chemistry with low toxicity
- Usable for all tanning phases (pre-tan, re-tan, tanning and finishing)
- Helps increase shrinkage temperature and reduces area loss by providing excellent humidity and perspiration resistance
- Ideal for both chrome and chrome-free (metal and non-metal) wet white tannages
DID YOU KNOW?
In order to properly apply ZOLDINE ZA 78 in leather processing, it is necessary to understand its reactivity. This unique chemistry reacts quickly with proteins while rapidly increasing shrinkage temperature (independent of pH), making it an excellent choice for pre-tanning of greasy skins, allowing the use of environmentally responsible degreasing processes.