AEPD™ 85 is a multifunctional amino alcohol for metalworking fluids composed of 85% aminoethyl propanediol in a 15% aqueous solution. AEPD 85 has an intermediate base strength (pKa 8.8) and provides a good balance of pH development and reserve alkalinity properties. AEPD 85 has been shown to provide enhanced microbial control in fluids formulated with triazine-based biocides. It also offers a favorable environmental profile, improved foaming performance and reduced cobalt leaching when compared with alternative chemistries.
- Metal Forming Fluids
- Metal Removal Fluids
- Metal Cleaning Fluids
- Metal Protection Fluids
- Base strength of active material (pKa @ 25°C) 8.80
- Molecular weight (of AEPD) 119.2
- Specific gravity (25 / 25°C) 1.08
- Weight per gallon (lb @ 25°C) 9.03
- Viscosity (cp Brookfield @ 25°C) 650
- Viscosity (cp Brookfield @ 10°C) 2840
- Freezing point (°C) <-24
- Flash point (Pensky-Martens closed cup) >93°C
- pH of a 1% aqueous solution @25°C 10.3
- Completely miscible in water
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Efficient pH development
- Enhanced reserve alkalinity
- Improved ferrous corrosion protection
- Efficient neutralization of acidic components
- Enhanced performance of triazine biocides
- Reduced cobalt leaching
- Effective formaldehyde control
- Low foaming
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.