CORRGUARD™ EXT is a multifunctional additive that helps enable formulation of longer-lasting metalworking fluids with improved pH stability, excellent corrosion control of ferrous metals, multi-metal compatibility and resistance to extraction by tramp oil. CORRGUARD EXT has been shown to provide enhanced fluid life when used with a broad range of registered biocides, offering formulators an ideal solution to optimize the performance of their existing fluids without requiring significant reformulation. It also offers a favorable environmental profile and is readily biodegradable in the environment.
- Metal Forming Fluids
- Metal Removal Fluids
- Metal Cleaning Fluids
- Metal Protection Fluids
- Neutral equivalent 145
- Amine value (mg KOH/g) 335
- Secondary amines <2.0%
- pKa @ 25°C 9.8
- pH (0.5% aqueous) 11.1
- Viscosity @ 25°C 38 mPa•s
- Viscosity @ 0°C 399 mPa•s
- Freezing point -3°C
- Flashpoint (closed cup) 132°C
- Vapor pressure @ 25°C 0.04 mm HG
- Boiling point 218°C
- Solubility in water <4.3%
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Primary amino alcohol (<2% secondary amine)
- Compatible with TRGS 611
- Formulary equivalent to DCHA, with an improved environmental health and safety profile
- Improves fluid longevity when used in conjunction with registered biocides
- Provides enhanced pH stability, as well as improved corrosion and staining performance
- Resists leaching to oil phase
- Excellent for low boron and boron-free formulations
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.