HEPES is a zwitterionic buffer and is one of Good’s 12 buffers. It has a pKa value similar to its pH value, which makes it a strong pH stabilizer with a useful pH buffering range from 6.8 to 8.2.
HEPES buffer is commonly used to maintain a physiological pH (7.2 – 7.4) offering the ideal environment for cells to grow and thrive. It is widely used in bioprocessing and diagnostic markets for applications such as cell culture, tissue culture, protein purification, cell lysis, immunoprecipitation, and live cell imaging. HEPES buffer can also be used in combination with other ingredients to support the quality and performance of skincare and cosmetics products.
The HEPES Biologics Plus grade produced by ANGUS offers ultra-high purity and extensive testing, including elemental impurity by ICP-MS, endotoxin, bioburden, DNase, RNase, protease, yeast and mold, and total microbial count.
- Cell and tissue culture
- Protein purification and extraction
- Cell lysis and live cell imaging
- Research and development (R&D) buffer
- Skincare and cosmetics formulations
- Appearance White Crystalline Powder
- Purity 99.5%
- Molecular Weight 238.30
- Melting Point 234 – 238°C
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- High purity, 99.5%
- Comprehensive testing that includes: endotoxin, bioburden, DNase, RNase, protease, yeast and mold, and total microbial count.
- ICP-MS analysis for trace elemental impurities.
- Produced under a single global quality system that includes ISO 9001:2015.
- Proven, safe use in commercial drug products.
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.