TRIS AMINO™ AC (Advanced Crystal) Buffer is manufactured exclusively by ANGUS using proprietary process technology and is less prone to clumping and hardness – without any change to the molecule itself. TRIS AMINO AC Buffer has a unique crystal morphology with a larger, more rounded particle structure and does not typically form strong cakes even when subjected to elevated conditions that tend to contribute to clumping – a chronic industry problem when using traditional TRIS buffers, especially at larger scales.
Similar to other TRIS AMINO Buffer grades, TRIS AMINO AC Buffer offers a cost-effective solution for lab and commercial applications where regulatory requirements are less stringent and do not require a monograph or to be produced under cGMP. TRIS AMINO Buffer is manufactured under a single global quality management system that includes ISO 9001:2015, with process controls and monitoring in a non-cGMP environment. TRIS AMINO Buffer is commonly used in diagnostic testing and as a processing aid in the purification of biological molecules where it provides mild alkalinity for buffering at physiological pH levels.
Learn MORE about why clumping happens, and how the next-generation TRIS AMINO AC Advanced Crystals can provide critical operational benefits when it comes to handling and preparation.
- General Diagnostics Reagent
- CoV-SARS2 (COVID) Diagnostic Test Kits
- Processing Aid for Commercial Protein Purification (Biologics DSP)
- Raw Material for Insulin Manufacturing
- Small Molecule API Salt
- Research and Development (R&D) Applications
- Analytical Chromatography
- Electrophoresis and PCR
- pH Buffering of Enzymes in Biotechnology Applications
- Blood Plasma Fractionation
- Purity 99.9%
- Molecular weight 121.14
- Melting point 168-172°C
- pKa @ 20°C 8.3
- pKa @ 37°C 7.8
- pKa/°C -0.03
- pH of 0.1M aqueous solution (20°C) 10.4
- Δ pH/10X dilution -0.05 to -0.10
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
Clumping during transport and storage is a well-known and challenging characteristic of conventional TRIS buffer products. To address this long-standing industry challenge, ANGUS Chemical Company developed the next generation TRIS AMINO™ AC Advanced Crystals, produced in our newly expanded, state-of-the art manufacturing facility in Ibbenbüren, Germany.
- Unique morphology reduces caking, making it less prone to clumping and hardness
- Low interparticle cohesion between crystals requires less energy to break up clumps if and when they do form
- More spherical crystals allow for improvements in dispensing and transport through conveyors
- Lower dust emissions due to fewer fine particles
- No additives or anti-clumping agents
- Manufactured in Germany under ISO 9001:2015 with strict process controls and monitoring
- Fully traceable supply chain with line of sight to the base materials
- Can maintain pH from 7 to 9 by utilizing a combination of free base and its salts
- Chemical stabilization in aqueous formulations and exhibits minimal salt effects
- Structure has both amine and alcohol functionality to provide versatile chemical reactivity
- State-of-the-art filling and packaging suites dedicated for Life Sciences products
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
- FDA Approval as an inactive ingredient in approved drug products
- Listed on EPA inert ingredient database for non-food use
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.