TRIS AMINO™ Buffer offers a cost-effective solution for lab and commercial applications where regulatory requirements are less stringent and do not require a monograph or to be produced under cGMP. TRIS AMINO Buffer is manufactured under a single global quality management system that includes ISO 9001:2015, with process controls and monitoring in a non-cGMP environment. TRIS AMINO Buffer is commonly used in diagnostic testing and as a processing aid in the purification of biological molecules where it provides mild alkalinity for buffering at physiological pH levels. TRIS AMINO Buffer is available in a Standard Grade (99.3% purity) and an ACS Grade (99.8% purity) that conforms to American Chemical Society (ACS) standards.
- General Diagnostics Reagent
- CoV-SARS2 (COVID) Diagnostic Test Kits
- Processing Aid for Commercial Protein Purification (Biologics DSP)
- Raw Material for Insulin Manufacturing
- Research and Development (R&D) Applications
- Analytical Chromatography
- Electrophoresis and PCR
- pH Buffering of Enzymes in Biotechnology Applications
- Blood Plasma Fractionation
- Purity 99.3% to 99.8%
- Molecular weight 121.14
- Melting point 168-172°C
- pKa @ 20°C 8.3
- pKa @ 37°C 7.8
- pKa/°C -0.03
- pH of 0.1M aqueous solution (20°C) 10.4
- Δ pH/10X dilution -0.05 to -0.10
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Manufactured under ISO 9001:2015 with strict process controls and monitoring
- Manufactured in the USA
- Fully traceable supply chain with full line of sight to base raw materials
- Can maintain pH from 7 to 9 by utilizing a combination of free base and its salts
- Chemical stabilization in aqueous formulations and exhibits minimal salt effects
- Structure has both amine and alcohol functionality to provide versatile chemical reactivity
- Proven safe use in commercial diagnostic test kits and drug products
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
- FDA approved inactive ingredient in approved drug products
- Listed on EPA inert ingredient database for non-food use
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.