TRIS AMINO™ Crystals is a multifunctional amino alcohol with an excellent environmental health and safety profile used in water-based applications and as a starting material for synthesis. It functions as a crosslinker / hardener and chain extender in epoxy resins, powder coatings, adhesives and other reactive chemistry applications. TRIS AMINO Crystals also provides high-efficiency formaldehyde scavenging functionality when used in indoor air filtration applications as well as in decorative paints and building and construction materials, such as concrete, mortar and gypsum. TRIS AMINO is available in several other grades, including high-purity, cGMP and multi-compendial TRIS AMINO™ Ultra Pure and TRIS AMINO™ AC Ultra Pure for Life Sciences applications, and TRIS AMINO™ ULTRA PC grades for Beauty and Personal Care applications.
- Architectural Coatings
- Industrial and Automotive Coatings
- Epoxies, Polyurethanes and Other Reactive Chemistries
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Building and Construction
- Pigment Slurries, Dispersions and Colorants
- Resins and Emulsion Polymerization
- Inks and Overprint Varnish
- Pharmaceutical Synthesis
- Household and Industrial Cleaning
- Chemical Manufacturing and Synthesis
- Oil and Gas
- Form Solid crystals
- Color White
- pKa @ 25°C 8.1
- Boiling point of active material (°C) >300
- Molecular weight 121.1
- Flash point (Tag closed cup, °C) >100
- Solubility in water 678 – 689 g/L
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- High-capacity formaldehyde scavenging
- Will not contribute to color instability in low-VOC paints and inks
- Versatile raw material for chemical and polymer synthesis
- Excellent environmental health and safety profile
- Classified as non-hazardous, broadly registered in major geographies
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.