VOLTAN™ 100 is a multifunctional specialty additive composed of anhydrous aminomethyl propanol. It is designed to improve dispersion of active materials and conductive materials, which helps reduce viscosity of slurries, optimize the conductive network in finished electrode film and enhance film density due to optimal particle packing. Manufacturers using VOLTAN 100 can expect improved processing with higher active material loading at the same processing viscosity, enhanced electrochemical performance and increased cell energy density. Unlike polymeric dispersants, which adds dead weight and reduces electronic conductivity of electrode film, VOLTAN 100 is able to evaporate during the electrode film drying processes.
- Cathode Slurry
- Anode Slurry
- Conductive Enhancer
- Appearance Viscous liquid to waxy solid
- Color Colorless
- Solubility in water Miscible
- Solubility in NMP Miscible
- Freezing point 30 °C
- Boiling point 163.8 °C
- Surface tension 36-38 dynes/cm
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Excellent dispersing or co-dispersing properties for both organic and inorganic particulate systems – particularly effective in dispersion of carbon-based materials, such as conductive carbon particles, CNT or graphene
- Miscible with NMP
- Reduces slurry viscosity / improves material loading in slurry
- Low boiling point with excellent volatility
- Increases film density by improved particle dispersion and packing
- Works synergistically with CMC to stabilize graphite slurry stability
- Reduces demand of polymeric dispersant in CNT slurry dispersing
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.