ZOLDINE™ XL 29SE crosslinker is a multifunctional carbodiimide supplied in propylene glycol monomethyl ether acetate. It is designed for use as a crosslinker for carboxylated polymers and can be added directly to most waterborne formulations with mild agitation. Formulations containing ZOLDINE XL-29SE can be cured at room temperature or at elevated temperatures. ZOLDINE XL-29SE crosslinker finds utility in coatings for wood, leather finishing, plastics, waterborne inks, adhesives, and in waterborne coatings for metal. Depending on the application, it can improve resistance to chemicals, abrasion, blocking, and high temperatures, as well as to salt spray and high-humidity exposure.
- Industrial and Automotive Coatings
- Epoxies, Polyurethanes and Other Reactive Chemistries
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Leather Tanning
- Form Liquid
- Appearance Clear amber
- Total solids (% by wt) 50
- Viscosity @ 25°C (cP) 100
- Equivalent weight (solids basis) 410
- Flash point (closed cup, °F) 114
- pH 11
- Solubility Dispersible in water (hydrolyzes)
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Compatible with different carboxylated polymers, such as latex, urethanes and alkyds
- Long shelf life and ability to re-treat formulations
- Safer alternative to polyaziridines
- Carbodiimide crosslinking reaction with carboxylic acids yields no byproducts
- Can improve block, chemical, abrasion, humidity, and corrosion resistance
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.