ZOLDINE™ ZE is a unique oxazolidine-based, fast-reacting crosslinking agent for collagen and casein, as well as vegetable tanning materials (condensed tannins). This versatility allows ZOLDINE ZE to be incorporated into many leather production processes, including pre-tanning, tanning, re-tanning and finishing, and it is an excellent candidate for formaldehyde replacement. ZOLDINE ZE improves processing and finished-leather properties when used in combination with other tanning materials, such as chromium sulfate, aluminum sulfate, vegetable extracts (such as mimosa), phenolic syntans and others.
- Leather Tanning
- Form Low-viscosity liquid
- Active ingredient (%) 98
- Freezing point 0°C
- pH (0.1M aqueous) 10
- Flash point (Tag closed cup) 79°C
- Solubility Soluble in water, ethanol, acetone, naphthenic oils
*Values shown are typical properties and are not to be considered product specifications. Test methods available upon request.
- Significantly improved chrome utilization and exhaustion
- Increased fixation of vegetable tannages
- Significant increase in shrinkage temperature (boil-proof leathers)
- Color stability (excellent for wet whites)
- Improved penetration of other tanning agents, dyes, waterproofing agents, etc.
- Improved perspiration and wash resistance
- Excellent for both chrome and free-of-chrome (FOC) wet white tannages
- Broadly registered for use in all major geographies
Need a sample? Questions? Contact us.
Fill out this form to contact our customer care team.